Mindfulness Medicine Retreat for Healthcare Professionals
November 11 | 7:00 pm - November 13 | 7:00 pm
Mindful Medicine Retreat
November 11-13, 2022
Mindful Medicine is hosting a retreat for medical professionals by healthcare providers for healthcare providers.
Based on the well-established Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
(MBSR) course, this is a highly accessible and valuable program for
anyone seeking to improve health.
Our interactive retreat is offered by our highly experienced instructors who foster an atmosphere of respect and appreciation.
Mindful Medicine is not associated with any healthcare system.
It is a safe place to speak freely and be heard by those who share your
- Friday, November 11, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM, and
- Saturday, November 12, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, and
- Sunday, November 13, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
The retreat will be held at Heart of Wisdom Zen Temple, at 6401 NE 10th Ave, Portland, OR 97211.
- $400: Physicians and dentists
- $275: Nurses and all other healthcare providers
- $200: Residents
- $100: Donation to support scholarships
(Tax-deductible, a 501(c)3 organization)
Class content will include practical strategies and tools for integrating mindfulness into your daily life. Participation will include practice of mindfulness techniques in session, at home and between sessions.
- Intro to Mindfulness for Medical Professionals
- Mindful Sitting, Moving, and On-the-Go Practices
- Burnout Realities and the Pandemic
- Resilience and Self-Compassion and Why Both Matter
- Practices that support caring for ourselves and our colleagues
Laura Martin, LCSW is Certified by the UMass Medical School Center for Mindfulness as a teacher of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). She has been teaching mindfulness professionally since 2002, has worked for many years as a clinical social worker in community mental health, and currently maintains a private practice.
Denise Gour, LCSW, is Certified by the UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness as a teacher of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). She specializes in mindfulness approaches for treating stress, depression, anxiety, and addiction challenges. She has worked as a licensed clinical social worker since 1999.